1. Students must intend to enroll full-time (12 hour minimum) at ASUMH and be pursuing
an Associate’s Degree.
2. Students must have a cumulative 3.5 GPA in college-level work or an ACT of 25
or better or a high school GPA of 3.5 or better. Returning students (over age 25) need strong letters of recommendation to
indicate their academic prowess.
3. Students must attach a print out of their college transcript to this confirmation
4. Students must attach a handwritten essay of 300-500 words on the topic: “Why
I want to be part of the Fran Coulter Honors Program.”
5. Students must attach three letters of recommendation that focus on the student’s
potential as an honors program participant.
6. Students must receive a grade of “B” or better
in all honors courses – one semester probation allowed-- and must maintain an overall 3.25 GPA to remain in the program
– one semester probation allowed.
7. To graduate with Honors recognition from the Fran Coulter Honors Program, a
student must have completed at least 15 hours of Honors courses, including the two honors forums (HON 1203 and HON 2203).
8. Decisions regarding confirmations and exceptions will be reviewed by the Honors
9. Confirmations of Intent must be received no later than four weeks prior to the
first day of classes of the fall or spring semester.
10. Return completed application and attachments to
Attn: Fran Coulter Honors Program
Christy Preis or Dr. Rebecca Baird
Arkansas State University Mountain Home
1600 South College Street
Mountain Home, AR 72653